23 February 2007

One Flu in a Cuckoo's Nest

Greetings Dear Reader,

Writing has been blurry and delirious this week. On Sunday evening I felt chilly. One must understand that I rarely feel cold. By Monday morning I had fever, chills, and congestion. My fever topped off at 105 on Tuesday evening. Apparently I held several conversations I do not remember and talked of things both wonderful and strange. My fever broke by Wednesday afternoon but I still feel achy and tired. Unfortunately my wife is just entering the fever stages of this same Flu and I hope she has it easier than I.

I just reread some of the things I typed into my computer during my delirium. They will never see the light of day as they make some of Lewis Carroll's drug induced prose seem like formal writing. The delirium and Flu are departing but in their wake they leave a new perspective on some things.
  • I am sure I drank about 4 million gallons of water, juice, and Propel this week.
  • I ate some wonderful Hot and Sour soup from my favorite Chinese place that the owner prepared special for me when he found out I was sick.
  • I am still confused about the feed a cold-starve a fever thing. What do you do when you have a cold and a fever?
  • Most of all - The writer in me has some real craziness lurking beneath the surface and I should never let it out.
Next week I should be back to focusing on the craft and its rivulets of power. Let me know what you are reading and how you are doing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment