07 October 2008

Changes in Latitudes

Greetings Dear Readers,

Avalon told me last night she is divorcing me. Please pray that only Christ has his way in this. For the record, I love her and want our marriage to work. For the record she says she can never trust me again. This is not an issue of infidelity or unfaithfulness.

My heart is broken. I am an idealist and believe that all can work out if we walk in faith. I failed in my first marriage because I ran when things seemed painful and hard. I feel today how my first wife must have felt then. For the record here is where I stand:

I love Avalon and always will
I cannot control her actions
She is doing as she wills
I am willing to do anything to build a Christ centered marriage
She is not
She has stated clearly that she wants her own life
Please pray that her every action, thought, and pursuit are centered on Christ alone
Please pray the same for me

I will continue to write and attempt to be light and salt. My children continue to be great sources of support and comfort but they are hurting too. Pray for them to heal. Pray that I find a way to be a source of healing for others. She is the one who has captured my heart. "For he wrote your name on my heart in flame, its a wound I'll not erase." The door will always be open to her. The journey will be longer without her. But it is about the journey and not those who leave us along the way. I seek Christ alone.

Wishing you joy in the Journey,

Aramis Thorn

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aramis,

    For several months now I have seen you struggling to do right by Avalon. You met her demands and tried to win her back. When I stand back and look at your life right now it hurts my heart. You are being hit from all sides I know. I feel so much joy over the strides you've made and your focus on Christ. I know others have noticed your strength and dedication as well. I'm so sorry that the person who should be proud of you for these efforts has instead punished you for them. Don't give up on where you are headed. Myself and so many others love who you are and what you have done for us.

    ReplyDelete