27 December 2008

Pondering my Christmas gifts – The Second day of Christmas

Greetings and Merry Christmas Dear Readers,

Perhaps to avoid confusion and explanation is in order. You see, the12 days of Christmas song which I am so shamelessly pillaging for my little notes is based on the 12 day between Christ-mass and Epiphany (the day the Wise Men showed up). My intent is to share something of my Christmas with you over those 12 days. I am running a day behind but will catch up with a double dose along the way.

Each year, PNC Wealth Management calculates the cost of the 12 days of Christmas. This year’s price tag is $86,609.00. That is 10% higher than last year. I spent less than 1% of that on Christmas this year. I have spent more on Christmas is most of the past years but this year I embraced the challenge issued by adventconspiracy.org and spent less. My daughter Christmas and I made gifts for most of our family. It was great fun to think of, plan, and prepare the things we gave. She is artistic and talented. She made all the Christmas cards we gave from bits and pieces of her other art supplies. I shared pre-measured jars of my special pancake mix and we bought coffee cups from good will to use with pre-measured mixes for a 5 minute chocolate cake in a cup that you bake in the microwave.

We spent less. We had loads of fun. We made people just as happy and I believe I got the best of it because my joy was doubled that we had money to give for those in real need out of our Christmas budget.

So on the second day of Christmas my Savior gave to me, twice the joy of giving, and a purpose for carrying his tree.

Wishing you joy in the journey, and a Merry Christmas

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment