03 January 2009

Pondering My Christmas Gifts - The Tenth Day of Christmas

Greetings and Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year Beloved Readers,

It took some time to settle on this one. It is late in the day and I usually write in the mornings. This is a simple list; things that Christ has done just to show me why I should love him with all my heart. Here are ten among the countless reasons why I should give him nothing but my very best.

Christ is the one who seeks me when I constantly question, ignore, hurt, and reject him
Christ is good, constantly, in every situation, no matter whether I see it or not, he is good to me
Christ is working for me best even when I am working against it
Christ knows what I need even when I am lost, confused, or prideful and sure he is wrong
Christ is gentle, firm, kind, and patient no matter how long it takes me to get it right
Christ knows me, warts and all, to the depth of my being and still chooses to love me
Christ does not fear but instead already knows what I will do to hurt him tomorrow and chooses to stay with me anyway
Christ will carry me when I cannot walk and run with me when I am whole
Christ experienced the human condition so that he could truthfully say he understands
Christ died so that I might live
Christ promised to someday replace all that is wrong in me with beauty and grace

So on the tenth day of Christmas my Savior gave to me ten reasons to love him, nine men to guide me, eight men I can help see, seven figures under the tree, six more days of rest, five perfect things, four children to gather round me, the blessing of the Trinity, twice the joy of giving, and a purpose for carrying his tree.

Wishing you joy in the journey, Merry Christmas, and a blessed New Year

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment