09 March 2009

Where do Work Where you Work?

Greetings Dear Readers,

Recently I had was having breakfast with my Son Maxim. I cherish these weekly meetings at a level that his difficult to describe. At our last breakfast we discussed the jobs that he and his lovely wife Raven hold at this time. Both jobs support not for profit organizations. Maxim expressed to me how satisfying it is to work at a job that you know does good for others.

He is young but he is a good worker. His fellow employees respect him and he is faithful to tasks given him. Knowing this, the passion behind his commitment to work at something that mattered felt so true. It got me to wondering why people work the jobs they work. My Grandfather used to always say, “Do what you love and the money will come.” We currently live in a society that has so many working at jobs that provide a paycheck.

Many are doing this as their “fake” job until they reach the job of their passion. Others are working whatever job they can find and have been and will be for years to come. I hear people all the time complain about where they work. They engage in so many activities to relieve the pain of their unwanted job. Many of those things do not get them closer to a satisfying life.

I have the blessing of working at a job I love while I pursue the career that is my passion. In a perfect world my sole income would be as a writer. I also know that as a professor I get the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. I often come home tired but it is not the kind of tired bred by boredom or dissatisfaction. I have experienced those and they are unbearable.

So I ask, why do you work where you work. Does it satisfy you? Does it meet that part of your person that can give your best to others? I urge you to look at what you do and how it leaves your spirit. Imagine a world where people do the job they love. It is never too late for you to find a path that is your best destiny.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment