30 July 2009

As Avalon Leaves Me – Another Milestone

Greetings Dear Readers

The milestone is in the rearview mirror now. The judge was kind. The pain was intense. The entire thing was unnecessary. The thing is, that it is in the past now. I have children I love who need my attention and they will get it. My students deserve my best and they will get it. You, my readers deserve my openness and you will not lose it.

When King David’s first son with Bathsheba was dying, he begged and pleaded with God to spare the child. God did not. When the child died David ceased his mourning, washed his face, and got up to eat. His comment is one of the most faith filled there is. “While the child lived there was hope. He shall not come to me but I will go to him.”

Avalon has driven me past a milestone by force. Like so many other things I have no control over this. What I do have control over is what I do and say. So here is what I have to say. It is simple and will not reveal any great truth that is not already evident.

God is Good – Everything he allows is allowed for a reason whether I get it or not.
God is in control – nothing happens by accident. We have choices but God has already planned how he will respond to our choices
God desires for us to see his love and love him – Anything that happens to me is designed or allowed by God so that I will see his love for me.
God wishes only two things from me – That I love him with all my heart, soul, and mind and that I love my neighbors as my self

What will I do?

I will keep seeking to follow Christ alone.
I will avoid bitterness and anger for forgiveness and love.
I will continue to purge that which is not Christ’s alone.
I will keep journeying for to stop is to cease following and I am called to follow.
I will continue to “Stand by the Door”.

Thank you for your prayers and support during this time. I love you all collectively and individually.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/8/09 15:05

    Greetings Aramis,
    Very true, thank you
    You are in my prayers

    keep your chin up

    ReplyDelete