27 October 2009

Empty Moments

Greetings Dear Readers,

I try to be real here. Sometimes I feel that I may be seen as just complaining or whining. My intent is to share what goes on with me in hopes of being of aide to others. There was a beautiful rainbow in the sky yesterday as I came out of dinner with my children. Bezel spotted it first. He made sure I saw it and we marveled at the fleeting moments of colourful beauty.

Inside a small voice reminded me of the sharp and searing pain I still carry over the loss of Avalon. She and I always had time to marvel at rainbows together. We both bear the memory of a particularly vivid triple one witnessed on a Friday drive from Chicago to Madison. One of the continuing raw spots of divorce is the tainting of beautiful memories by the treachery of the one who left.

I refuse to lose the beauty of those moments. That rainbow back then was just as miraculous and amazing. They may be empty of her, but the moments are not empty. They are filled with a renewed understanding of how Christ can fill every void. Avalon’s presence added to its beauty as her wonder at things always enriches me. There is, however, still a corner in my smile and it Cheshire fades prematurely with her gone. Still, when I see a rainbow it gives me the chance to appreciate her and the Maker of Rainbows who allowed us to share a beautiful romantic moment during a mundane drive.

The moments that are empty of Avalon are still filled with her unique way of viewing the world. I hope I can always embrace those and refrain from embracing bitterness or anger.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Aramis,
    I read Your blog the other day when you posted it, though upon checking for your new blog today and seeing there was none of yet i decided that I wanted to tell you tht you were not wining at all and further more it is nice to read about other proples strugles and how to see the light through them... I learn more from you then what i do in my every other day life.
    dont give up

    ReplyDelete