08 October 2009

When Where How

Greetings Dear Readers,

A couple of weeks ago I shared my thoughts on how we are all a part of the story God is writing. I want to take some time to discuss just how we are a part of that story. You see, in my journey toward God (a journey I believe we all share), I find that I often forget that my readers do not know exactly what I believe.

I am going to lay out what I believe simply and hopefully succinctly. This may surprise some of you and for others it will just be a review. We already know who the “who” is in my faith. It is Jesus of Nazareth, the anointed Son of God. That is a lot of title and name but I am trying not to oversimplify in my simplicity.

You see God gave us an existence that was simple and good. We chose to break the peace in our relationship with him by thinking that we knew what was good for us outside of his stated ideal for us. When we did this we created a problem for not only ourselves but the entire world. God’s response to our rejection is to show us more love. Here is the when, where, and how of his demonstration of that love.

Once he saw that we were determined to be at enmity with him, he chose a family through whom he would build up a nation and through that nation and family he would enter into time and the world. He would allow us to kill him as the only needed payment to redeem us back to himself and he would ask us to follow him in faith.

The specifics, and realize there is much more than this, are that Jesus being full God took on the flesh of men so that he could be killed for our sins. It really is that simple and that complex. We put our faith in that and follow Christ so that we can be restored to a right relationship to God.

Most of the other things that Christ followers talk about are secondary to this discussion. No matter what specifics your faith holds, I leave you with the question of what you will do with this man Jesus. He is the beginning and the completion of my faith.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment