10 November 2009

I am NOT Holding On

Greetings Dear Readers,

Over the last couple of years many well meaning people have told me to:
“Keep going”
“Hang in there”
“Hold on”

Fortunately I do not have to hold on to the one thing that matters. He is holding on to me. I have developed a new curse word in the last couple of weeks:”Bob Dylan.” It is a vague reference to one of his songs. I am in that place where I am weary of the upheavals just when I feel I am getting my bearings.

None of this is a complaint because it keeps me focused on the core. Christ is the eye of the storm and as long as he has me in his hand I am safe. None of that holds out the barbs, pain, lurkers, and ghosts.

Too often I see tissue paper faith that has little substance and no style. The one thing that is a surity is that my faith has been tested. Every area of my life is in flux in some way. I took one of those depression inventories where a score of 100 is danger of clinical depression. I was an 850 heading toward 1100. I think the computer wanted to dispense haldol to me in large doses. I said no.

My point in all this semi-mad raving is that I am not holding on, as I have little left to hold on to at this time. So the next step in my journey toward a purer faith is the realization that grasping at anything is like trying to hold the wind. The bright spot is that Christ will hold me. No matter what the situation I am the one to be dependant not independent. So if you see me stomping my foot and crying at the heavens, do not think I have lost it.

You will find me where I have always been, between the world of men and make believe. I will take my old post at the door. I would rather be a door keep – more on that later.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. You are not holding on you are right but also you know that Christ in holding on to you and God has wraped you in His wings... Snuggle in there and know that you are safe and loved

    ReplyDelete