05 February 2010

6 Miles and Counting – A rest stop

Greetings Dear Reader,

Even on the most serious of journeys there are rest stops along the way. Longer trips require more times to rest and refresh. Along the way there have been some beautiful things. Holding my Sons for the first time was life changing. Watching my eldest hold my youngest for the first time as well was lovely.

There have been many natural things that have captivated and refreshed me. Countless sunsets, scuba diving, a triple rainbow, and the Grand Canyon have all energized me along the road. There have been lovely way sides that both restored and recreated me. Moments as sweet as ripe Georgia peaches continue to refresh me along the way.

The moments of sweet re-creation serve to remind me that what lies ahead is better than anything I have already had. The day will come for me, for all of us when creation is completely redeemed and the beauty will rule the journey. Until then I will keep to the road, enjoying the sights along the way and marveling in the wonder of all things. I will also, as always, travel…

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment