26 March 2010

An Unexpected Milestone

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some milestones chance upon you with little portent and great joy. This is one of those. My eldest Son asked me to lunch this week. I was delighted to see that both he and his bride were there. They told me that they had a belated birthday gift for me. They did.

As we enjoyed a meal of curry and various meats they told me that I was going to be a grandfather. Immediately my heart leapt within me. This is one of those things that I have awaited with great joy. I have already begun to pray for my grandchildren and long to hold them close and warm.

I had a Grandfather who loved me and instilled things in me that were both good and enduring. If I can be half the man to my grandchildren that he was to me it will be an excellent thing. My purpose for writing this morning is very selfish. I long for you to pray for me. I want to purge my life of things that will be unhealthy for this new life. I want to be a good example.

This is one of the favorite parts of the latter journey. I feel great joy for my Son and Daughter in law. I feel great gratitude for God’s wisdom in having life develop the way it does. I have already begun to ponder the things I wish to pass on. I will keep you all posted.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. You know I will! And I am so happy for all of you--what a wonderful way to shake things up, huh?

    ReplyDelete