28 August 2010

The Timbre of Sunlight

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Do you care what’s happening around you? Do your senses know the changes when they come? Can you see yourself reflected in the seasons? Can you understand the need to carry on?” – John Denver

I noticed yesterday morning on my way in to work that the quality of light on the trees had changed. Then I noticed that the trees that get the most direct sunlight had barely begun to change. It is early for that to happen but inevitable. The quality of the sunlight is what stuck with me.

I know that we have enjoyed a blessed relief from the abnormal summer heat over the last week. One night the temperatures flirted with the low forties. I definitely love fall and winter more than summer, except for the swimming, outdoor cooking, and baseball of course. This fall holds more promise than any in quite some time. I will hold my first grandchild and my fourth book will be out. My sons say it is the best yet.

Today, however, my thoughts are captured by the subtle change in the timbre of the sunlight. I do not believed I have ever noticed it so acutely and been impacted by it so deeply. Soon those around me will hide from the coming winter chill. I embrace it. Even the seasons show redemption. “Oh I love the life around me. A part of everything is here in me.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

1 comment: