10 December 2010

25 Ways to Give – December 10th

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

One of the things that we can truly give to others is awareness. It does not take time to train our eyes to anticipate the small needs of others. I am talking things that only cost us a minute or two of our time and a little of our consideration but make others feel loved and noticed. The excellent side effect is that it makes us feel good as well.

I will give a few examples of what I mean and then be off to other pursuits for the day.

If I see a Mother with children putting items in her car at a store, I offer to return her trolley to the cart corral for her.
I try to always take a trolley into the store with me from the parking lot.
I have a coworker who drinks coffee in a steady stream during the day. When I go get water or coffee from the kitchen I bring him back a fresh cup.
When I am out shopping I make funny faces at fussy children and almost always make them laugh.

There are many more but you get the point. I promise those trifles will make a difference.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment