19 December 2010

25 Ways to Give – December 19th

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Before I get to today’s way to give I want to report on something that happened yesterday. Christmas and I were in a store where every register had a line five or six people deep. The manager of this store and I are on very friendly terms and earlier he had said how busy he had been all morning. He seemed a little harried and I offered what encouragement I could.

After we finished our shopping we were in the end of the line on the register he manned. Christmas and I began to sing, as is our habit. Immediately the lady in front of me joined in as we started the second line of “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.”

Two rows over a young mum encouraged her children to join as well. In just a few moments easily half the people waiting in line were singing this old Christmas hymn and the cashiers were all smiling.

I wrote earlier this month that this has always been one of my Christmas wishes. As I reached the manager and he rang up my purchases he told me how much the singing had lifted his spirits. It was the start of a beautiful day for me. I hope you are smiling as widely as you read this as I am in writing it.

Now on to the gift you can give for today. This one is very simple. It is infectious, will spread rapidly, and is very healthy. As you go about your day give this gift to everyone. Just smile. Smile big and broad.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment