04 December 2010

25 Ways to Give – December 4th

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

How many wars you fighting out there this Christmas morning?
Maybe there’s always time for another Christmas song. – Ian Anderson

When I am out and about during this season I sing. I sing Christmas hymns and meaningful Christmas songs. I have a passable singing voice so I do not do much harm that way. Occasionally another shopper or clerk will join me. Often I get smiles and nods of appreciation. From time to time I get fussed at for forcing my beliefs on others because of singing hymns. A time or two I have been humbugged and even once threatened with being boiled in my own pudding.

It is all worth it. The momentary joy in another when they join in or just enjoy the moment is beautiful to me. I can use my time in public to raise peoples’ spirits for a moment. I can share my overflowing joy at the advent of Christ and perhaps relieve a little of the tension from harried shoppers. My dream is that one day an entire array of people standing in a checkout line will join. It is a big dream but one worth dreaming.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment