25 January 2011

All Season Fruit Part 5

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that there are so many things I desire. Some of them are good and some of them are greed. Most of the things I want that are good require patience. It takes patience to love others properly, to be kind, to be at peace, and to experience joy.

If I am following Christ then I will become more patient as things unfold in my life. I will still feel all of the things one feels as good and unpleasant things unfold but if I live in the knowledge that God knows what he is doing, I can exercise more patience. Anticipation can become an act of faith if I choose it to be so.

This must also translate to patience with others. If I exercise patience with family, friends, students, and coworkers, I can enrich their lives. If I extend that patience to vendors, shop keepers, and strangers, it may possible to move through the world as a more patient individual. This can only lead to good things.

I know there are areas where exercising patience will be a great challenge for me. Fortunately it can flow from my faith and not my own strength.

Wishing you joy and peace in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment