08 February 2011

All Season Fruit Part 9

Greetings Dear Reader,

What does it mean to be faithful? There are so many ways to approach this outpouring of the spirit in my life. I thought that I would take Cyrano’s approach to this one:

Literal – To be full of faith
Divine – To exist only by faith
Marine – Semper Fidelis - To be ever faithful to my causes
Epistemological – Faithful to my origin in God and that I will return to him
Royal – To serve faithfully the King even in his absence
Axiomatic – That I have the desire to have faith means that there is something to have faith in
Circular – God tells me to be faithful and that being faithful will reveal God to me
Human – To keep ones vows even when tempted not to do so
Spiritual – Always believing
Metaphysical – Some things exist because of our faith in them
Practical – It is better to believe and be wrong than to disbelieve and be wrong
Philosophical - To choose belief over absent evidence
Foolish - To choose belief even when there seems to be evidence to the contrary
Insane – To embrace the teaching of a Nazarene Carpenter and try to live them out even when everything around me says that I am wrong.

Lyrical - God's Own Fool
Seems I've imagined Him all of my life as the wisest of all of mankind
But if God's Holy wisdom is foolish to man He must have seemed out of His mind
Even His family said He was mad and the priest said a demon's to blame
But, God in the form of this angry young man could not have seemed perfectly sane

We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable; come be a fool as well

So come lose your life for a carpenter's son, for a madman who died for a dream
And You'll have the faith His first followers had and you'll feel the weight of the beam
So surrender the hunger to say you must know find the courage to say I believe
For the power of paradox opens your eyes and blinds those who say they can see

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable; come be a fool as well – Michael Card

After carefully pondering these things, I find that an outpouring of faithfulness will engender a form of all of the above. So if I seem a bit insane to you this may explain it.

Wishing you joy and peace in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment