08 May 2011

A Cold Spring

Greetings Dear Reader,

This spring has been unusually cold in Wisconsin. This does not bother me but all around me friends complain about the weather. It seems that by midweek we will have higher temperatures. The weather app on my second screen says eighty degrees for Wednesday.

The complaints about the temperature will subside and if the weather holds true the complaints about the rain will begin. I wonder how often I complain about things that I have neither control over nor the right to complain about. I have seen some clear examples of God’s provision lately in beautiful and unlooked for ways.

I gladly accept the good things that come into my life but I know that I fail at holding my tongue when things are not the way I wish them to be. It seems that I am all for the sovereignty of God when things happen the way I wish but when they do not I call it into question. I know that I have made some serious mistakes in my life because when things are not going the way I wish, I question God instead of looking for his presence in the moment.

It is so easy to erode my own faith in this way. I then find myself looking for things that justify my complaining and compound my journey away from acceptance of whatever God allows as what is best for me.

The bottom line is simple. God never gets the weather wrong, nor anything else.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. I know, God never gets the weather wrong. I don't question that. However, it does not mean I don't dream of warmer weather when I can be out and about rather than sitting inside the house under a blanket.

    ReplyDelete