19 May 2011

Moving Too Soon

Greetings Dear Reader,

So many times I find myself in the midst of something unpleasant and take the wrong path. I choose to panic, be impatient, or try to control. I choose to manage my way out of a situation or into something I want without truly waiting for God to work. I move too soon.

I can spot this so easily in others. People will be in a tough spot or have a hard or even life changing choice. Anxious to be free from the pressure or stress of the situation, they force a resolution or an answer that is not the best. They move too soon.

How many times have we heard of the irony of someone acting in the wrong direction just when the right solution was around the corner? For me it is always an attempt to control my world when in truth I know that I have no control. When faced with difficulties it is simply important that I not move too soon. God knows what he is doing and I must trust him to open the path that I should travel. It is truly the only thing that works.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment