06 July 2011

Unlooked-for Joy

Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently I had the pleasure to communicate with someone from my childhood who meant a great deal to me.  The reconnection was seamless and I felt the joy of many moments I had not thought about in over thirty years.  Some of the things in that era of my childhood have shaped much of my character. 

It causes me to wonder what things my children and Grandson will ponder thirty or forty years down the path.  I know that some of my life choices have given my children pain and I work daily to redeem those things.  I know that other things I have done are good.

Memories matter.  I need to focus on creating good ones rather than dwelling on the negative ones.  I must think about what I will pass on from here forward.  It is my children and their hearts that matter.

The stories that are coming back to mind because of this childhood influence will be rich.  They will also tether some of the other stories I have shared over the years to their beginning.  They are tales with mirth and growth.  The time seeded my heart to be ready to meet Christ when he was ready for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment