13 July 2011

Unruly Children

Greetings Dear Reader,

The local news carried a story today about a restaurant that has banned children less than six years of age.  The decision is a result of complaints by other adult customers.  The choice is a bold one and I hope it does not hurt business.

I wonder how often parents are aware of the impact their children have on others.  No one is more patient with small children than I am but I have been irritated by children running freely in an environment that should be quiet.  Then again, I wonder how often I am an unruly child. 

How often do I run about the world indulging my own interests and ignoring the impact it has on others?  I must not be unruly.  I must pay attention to the environment I am in and be sure that I enhance it and not detract from it.  It is up to me not to be the source of distraction for others.

Handled properly in some cases I will simply disappear.  I will become less visible so that others see Christ instead. Perhaps I can use my irritation at children running through a restaurant to remind me of this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment