06 August 2011

Where there is Darkness Light

Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems so arrogant to say that I am the light of the world. It is, however, my responsibility to sow light where there is darkness. I can only think that since Christ is the Light of the World that this is another way to infuse Christ into the lives of others. I like everyone have my own darkness. It always lurks on the edge of what I do waiting for me to lose focus on Christ so that it may try to envelope me.

When I do not focus on Christ then I am selfish, unkind, impatient, and angry. These are all dark and terrible things that detract from my ability to sow hope, faith, and peace in the lives of others. I cannot impact other positively if I am too embroiled in my own darkness. It is of great benefit to me to keep my focus on Christ so that I do not stumble blindly in to things that harm me. The greater benefit for the world is that I can also hope to reflect some of that light to others.

I cannot of my own accord hope to create any light. I am recovering from darkness and Christ is all light. I am a source of darkness and can only reflect the light of Christ in me. It is really that simple. There is no gray. Either I am doing things to promote one or the other. Either I am malevolent darkness or life infusing light. It is my faithful focused following of Christ that determines the situation. My desire is to reflect the light of Christ and sow it in the lives of others. By the grace of the Father through the Son I sometimes succeed.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life. – Saint Francis of Assisi


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment