05 August 2011

Wisconsin State Fair Fare

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is with great joy that I take an aside from my usual writings to discuss my adventures at that State Fair. The focus of my discussion will be a family that follows both Christ and the fair circuit each summer. They own a series of concessions and provide some of the best fair fare I have ever enjoyed. The concessions are Charlie’s concessions. They offer amazing Italian Sausage, Pork Tenderloin on a stick, and the best Corn Dog I have ever had in my life. Among their other offerings are excellent Pizza, Italian Meat Balls on a Stick, and tender Turkey legs the size of ostrich legs.

I spent part of the day of this multigenerational family that has been running fair concessions for six generations. All of their food is freshly prepared and hand made. They take no shortcuts in preparation or quality. Fresh meat is cooked on site and delivered with perfect flavor in large proportions. Each of their items is fairly priced and they provide a comfortable sheltered dining space as well.

They also go out of their way to extend work to international students who are working just for the summer. These young people all work long hot hours but the owners treat them with kindness and respect. It is astounding to see a family so committed to quality and honesty while working in such a turbulent environment.

If you attend the Wisconsin State Fair or any other large regional fair I urge you to look for Charlie's Food Concessions. The food and family are both worth knowing. If you stop by because you read my blog then let them know. They know me and will be happy that word got out. Tomorrow I will have to have another of those great Corn Dogs.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Good to know. We're headed to the fair tomorrow, I'll see if I can find them :).

    ReplyDelete