22 November 2011

On Giving Thanks: Grandchildren


Greetings Dear Reader,

Today my Grandson is one year old.  Even this old word spinner cannot craft the right phrases to celebrate who he already is.  What a beautiful and intelligent child.  In every way he makes me want to be a better man.  I would that he had that influence on everyone.

In preparing my heart to give thanks I must show gratitude to him.  He has made me gentler, more patient, and more considerate.  He gives hugs already but only when he wishes to.  He smiles every time he sees me.  We play and talk.  I get to sing him to sleep.  I love him.

I know that God uses infants to change families if the families will allow the change.  I watched him light up the room with everything he did as we celebrated his birth on Saturday.  Perhaps the most impact I saw was how everyone wanted his attention.  Everyone needed to be acknowledged by the person in the room with no malice or agenda. 

As I prepare my heart to properly give thanks, I find that my Grandson reminds me constantly to come to God with a child’s innocence.  To trust my Father the Orion trusts Maxim.  To remember that God is as gentle with me as Maxim is with Orion.  So much of life demands that we be adults.  We can be thankful that God wants us to be his children.

Happy Birthday Orion. I love you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment