24 November 2011

On Giving Thanks: I Truly Am


Greetings Dear Reader,

The house is full of wonderful smells.  The pies are backed adding the aroma of pumpkin, apple, and accompanying spices to the air.  The turkey is in the oven wafting out an invitation that I will later indulge.  The stuffing is ready for the over and the mixer is anxiously awaiting the potatoes and later the whipped cream.

Later family and friends will join me at my home.  We will pray and eat.  We will talk and laugh.  An added blessing is that Maxim has the day off so he, Raven, and Orion will join us.  I still have some bread to bake and tea to make.  I go to it with joy and anticipation.  I also feel deep gratitude for all that God has provided for me.

One thing that I do not express my thanks for enough is you Dear Reader.  I hope that today finds you steeped in comfort and joy.  If you know me and don’t have a place to celebrate we are dining at two o’clock.  We have plenty.

I want you to know how much your reading, comments, and support mean to me.  I have tried writing in a vacuum and it is lonely and barren.  My chats with you Dear Reader give me courage to face the blank page.  So today I am thankful for you.  May God bless you richly and give grace that you feel no sorrow.  May your journey be filled with not only joy and peace so that you find your way home and relish the journey. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment