16 December 2011

Awaiting Christmas: Christmas Food


Greetings Dear Reader,

Our annual open house is Sunday and I will be doing food prep for the next couple of days.  I find great joy in this.  Amidst the slicing, cooking, and combining there will be Christmas music and movies in the background. This is joyous and relaxing for me.

Whilst I am doing the preparation I think about those who will consume what I have made.  I invite friends and family because I wish to “Fezziwig” them.  What I mean by that is his attitude about making others merry.  It is such a simple thing to plan and prepare. I do not do anything elegant or extravagant.

Photo by Natalie Foley
So as I prepare the food over the next couple of days I will be thinking of those for whom I prepare it.  I will be wishing them the merriest of Christmases in my heart with every slice and arrangement.  I will blend and bake hoping that they catch a glimmer of the joy I find in Christ. 

Another thing I will be doing is making a traditional desert for my children.  It is funny and delicious.  They love it and I find great joy in making it.  I do believe that if I did not make it they would be somewhat at a loss. 

I have so much and it takes relatively little effort to prepare Christmas food to share with others.  I think that this preparation of sharing food goes a long way to help me in preparing my heart to share Christ is well.  Those of you who read my blog but cannot attend the open house, please remember that I love you and value you highly. 

 Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment