18 December 2011

Awaiting Christmas: An Open House


Greetings Dear Reader,

Today is our annual open house.  In a few hours friends and family will arrive.  Some are coming for the first time and some come every year.  It will fill me with joy to see them all.  It is a simple affair and the best part of it is the conversations with people I love.

Others talk about Christmas being about love and giving.  Christmas is about people.  Christ came to redeem people.  Inviting my friends here is about people.  It is also very selfish because I do so that I can see people I love at my favorite time of year.  I value every person that will walk through my door.  I treasure the conversations we will have and catching up on their lives, aspirations, and dreams.

Most of all I wish for them to see someone who loves them.  I value each friend and member of my family.  I want to find a way for them to also see how much Christ loves them.  That is a work in progress.  I must be off to prep food and make tea.  Know that I treasure you as well dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment