06 December 2011

The Christmas Difference: Family


Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems that so often we unintentionally put pressure on our families at Christmas time.  Imagine the impact if we simply relaxed.  It costs me nothing to make it easy on others in terms of asking for time.  If I give up my agenda and just support my children and am available to them it gives them the freedom to include me without stress.

I remember having to rush places in the past and it being more about being at the right place than just being together.  In all of our doing we somehow put the plans above the people.  This is unhealthy for us and does not really celebrate the giving aspect of Christmas.

Just because we have always done something is not a good reason to do it.  The needs of my family must come above my desire to have that perfect event.  Christmas can be focused on the birth of the Christ child if I remember to not burden my children.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment