24 January 2012

Anatomy of the Journey – The Path


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am on a path whether I like it or not.  I did not choose to be on a path and at times I have wished to be on no path at all.  No matter my opinion or thoughts about the path I am on it.  What I do on that path is my choice.

The journey requires a path.  One cannot get from point A to point B without transecting the points in between.  I choose how I walk the path.  I choose my attitude about the ease or difficulty of the path.  The path is the path.  I must walk it and I have someplace to get to.  How I journey the path mostly depends on my attitude about it.

If I am vigilant I can avoid the potholes and bumps most of the time.  If I am mindful I can keep my focus and navigate the narrowness of the path with grace and honor.  The path is narrow.  It seems arrogant to me to say so but it is the way it is.  The most important thing for me is that I must keep moving.  Delaying only causes trouble.

The path is not the journey.  The path is the way to the destination.  The obstacles are opportunities for me to learn.  The beautiful things along the way are encouragements for me to keep going.  I must walk the path.  I cannot change it but with care I can navigate it well.  The path is not the journey.  Who I am on the path is a great part of the journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment