27 January 2012

Anatomy of the Journey – Strangers along the Path


Greetings Dear Reader,

My Grandfather used to tell me that in his opinion strangers were only friend we had not met yet.  Plenty of other adults told me at that age not to talk to strangers.  I have lived by my Grandfather’s thinking most of the time.

I love people.  Along the journey I encounter people who I do not know.  I get to choose how I treat them.  If my destination is truly the Father and I wish to journey well, I must be kind to them.  I also know I can do better than that.  I can give them, every one of them, my best.  I can show them love, compassion, generosity, and respect.  I can invest in them even if it is a single serving friendship.

It has become easy in our culture to be unkind to others.  We use the anonymity of social media to say things to others that are hurtful and unkind.  We do not know the impact we can have if we are good to people.  We have no idea what difference we can make.

Those strangers may need us.  Just a smile and kind word can take people a long way.  Sometimes we may even entertain angels.  I know that I have.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment