31 January 2012

Anatomy of the Journey – Waysides and Rest Stops


Greetings Dear Reader,

The journey is arduous at times.  Some days end with me feeling weary and spent.  Whether the tax on my resources is mental, physical, or emotional (some days it is all three) I know that I have respite at times.  Those respites are places where I can rest and recharge for the next leg of the journey.  Some of them are simple disconnects from the world.  Others are long rests that recreate much of my person and demeanor. 
Highway 45 Wayside

Of late I have felt very tired.  It is more spirit and emotion than it is physical but I feel it beginning to take a physical toll.  So much of what I wish to do is dependent upon doing the things that I must. If this sounds like rambling I apologize.  It is all connected.  Everything that stresses connects.

What gets me through is the small respites provided along the way.   Moments of worship and fellowship at church restore my strength.  Just sitting in a room with my children and sharing the events of the week helps me travel onward.  The smiles of others when I have genuinely done them good energizes me to do so for others.  The road is long.  The waysides allow some respite, relief, and rejuvenation.  As long as I do not tarry too long this is a good thing.  We must rest when necessary. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment