19 January 2012

The Compassion of Others


Greetings Dear Reader,

It always amazes me how compassionate others can be.  I had a bit of a spill at work on Tuesday.  In an attempt to reassert my proper eating patterns I had drastically reduced my carbohydrate intake.  It worked too well. 

We were finishing up a team meeting at work.  As I stood up I went down.  According to one colleague I was out for about twenty seconds.  It was a low blood sugar incident and I am fine. 

I am also encouraged by how quickly my coworkers came together to care for me.  One of them said if not for my uncomfortable facilitation it would have been a perfect team building exercise.  What astounds me is the level of genuine care that was provided.  Everyone in the room did something to show that they cared about me. 

Even after the paramedics had declared me free to go home on my own they stayed with me.  Several offered to drive me home.  Even after walking back to my desk some stayed with me. Eventually one of my coworkers followed me home to assure that I reached it safely.

The compassion is what prevailed.  It touched and encouraged me.  It motivated me to be even more compassionate.  It makes me see a glimpse of how others feel about me.  It makes me wish to be more compassionate to others.  I return to work today with a grateful and purposed heart.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were shown care and concern from your co-workers. That's great, Mike. And I'm glad you're feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete