07 January 2012

Why Do You…


Greetings Dear Reader,

Last night our friend Present joined us for dinner (That is not a typo.  Her name means Gift or Present from God.)  We had some rare time just to sit and talk.  She had questions.  They were great questions.  They were the kind of questions that cause one to examine motives and patters.

After Present departed I spent a couple of hours pondering some of the whys and some of her insights.  Pondering her questions led to a broader questioning of my reasons for other things.  I do not intend to go into specifics here but it reminded me just how much we must live an examined life.  The “why” of our habits, choices, and actions is so very important. 

If I live an unexamined life or even an unexamined day I cannot be assured that I have given all of my efforts to Christ.  Asking why I do things that I do and why I do them the way I do is so vital to following Christ.  If my motives are not centered on loving God with all my heart, soul, and mind then I must question what I do.  If what I do does not show love to others then I must question my motives.  On this rests all that needs doing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment