21 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Bible Reading


Greetings Dear Reader,

I know that this is an area where I did not develop good habits in my children.  There were attempts but I failed.  Each time I read the Word I feel a longing for them to realize the richness that is there. 

So many try to marginalize the Bible but I see its validity.  Faith comes easy for me but I find it even richer when I spend time reading the words God chose to communicate himself to me.  Many have used the Bible as a weapon to their own purposes.  If we view the Word through the lens of Christ’s admonition to love God and to love people it is not a weapon but rather an excellent guide.

It is an easy thing to reason oneself away from the validity of Scripture.  Again the same thing is required in order to grasp the truth and follow it.  That thing is the thing that people do not wish to need: Faith.  So I spend more time in Bible reading and pray that my family will do the same.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. I am interested to read this series, Mike. I think as you're in the word more and your children (now adults) see how it's changing you, it will become more appealing to them. Just like anything - as people see the difference they may start to want it for themselves.

    ReplyDelete