24 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Contrite Heart


Greetings Dear Reader,

Do we really know what it means to be contrite?  When we do not have a tender spirit it is easy to fend off natural remorse when we sin.  Sometimes the guilt I feel is genuine.  I have a Catholic upbringing that saw to it that I felt deep guilt.  That guilt was not always based on what Christ wants me to feel and think when I am not following him.

I must always be aware of the moment I stop following and be ready to acknowledge my sin.  When I keep short accounts on this life is much easier.  When I avoid being contrite I put in danger the tenderness of my spirit.  I put in danger my ability to know when I have been unfaithful in my following.

When I keep my heart contrite I am more sensitive to the needs of others.  Pride is easier to fight.  My sin is much easier to avoid if I respond instantly to the genuine prodding that I have done wrong.  It draws me closer to Christ and then the following is much easier.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment