28 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Wisdom




Greetings Dear Reader,

I think I could write for days just on this topic.  It seems in many ways that wisdom is a dwindling attribute in our society.  I pray for wisdom almost daily.  Some days every hour it seems I need more.  I pray for my children to have wisdom in their choices.  I pray for wisdom in how I approach them when I disagree with what they do.

Wisdom seems so simple but no matter how much I know I sometimes run right past the proper application of that knowledge.  It interests me that the desire for wisdom was once used as a temptation.  It seems that now so many abandon wisdom because it leads to the knowledge that what they are doing is unwise.

Solomon wrote that a reverence for God is the beginning of wisdom.  I pray that I always remember this and apply it.  I guess that is the seedbed of wisdom; to know the truth and apply.  It grieves me greatly when I fail at this and when those I love forget it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/4/12 02:34

    So I see that you havent had a comment or box checked in a while I just want you to know that your words are not falling on blind eyes!
    Thank you for all you put out to the world

    ReplyDelete