22 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Prayerfulness


Greetings Dear Reader,

The journey must be a conversation.  This is something I do well on most days.  I try to involve God in my thoughts all day long.  When a sunrise or sunset is particularly beautiful I thank God for it.  When a man almost hit me pulling out of the PDQ yesterday I thanked God for his protection. 

How can one hope to truly know someone they never speak to about feelings, hopes, and the heart?  When I encounter things in my life that are difficult I talk to God about it.  On days that I teach I pray for my students.  I pray for my Children every time I think about them. 

The difference that is important is that prayer is not meant to be a high holy oratory.  It is meant to be a human and God in real conversation.  When I sin I try to acknowledge it immediately and ask God’s forgiveness.  When I see others in need I ask God how I can help. 

I cannot imagine how tormented my mind would be were I not able to speak to God about the things that burden my heart.  Prayer matters.  I pray that others learn this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment