29 March 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Discernment


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that this is one of those things that is a sharp and effective weapon.  The problem is that it dulls quickly when not used.  It seems to me that discernment is one of those gifts that is very subject to the will.  Along with wisdom it easily fades when rejected or avoided.

I know there are times I have chosen to ignore that voice inside that urged me to choose other than what I was doing.  I know that I have often said that I knew better.  Discernment functions well but in our falleness we ignore it.  It is in that ignorance that discernment dies.

Wisdom and discernment must be fellows.  They must walk together in the heart if I am to follow Christ as closely as I wish.  I pray that I listen and discern.  I pray the same for my Children. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store

No comments:

Post a Comment