06 March 2012

What is Your Status?



Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently there have been a flood of status updates from my friends in social media.  Many are moving in and out of relationships.  I have one friend who constantly posts how miserable her life is.  It is amazing to me how easy it has become to howl into the ether.

I see the value of being able to communicate to a vast sea of friends and family quickly.  I see the enjoyment of some of the free entertainments provided and I see the marketing value of promoting my writing.  What concerns me is that I could easily turn from real communication with my friends and family to depending on the ether to absorb my pain and joy.

It is the real connection with those around me that sustains relationships.  It is the personal interaction the keeps me human.  I will watch the video of my Grandson saying “zombie” over and over but it is holding him and talking to him that thrills me and makes me determined to be a better man.

We must tell our status to each other.  I must be real to my Sons and Daughter.  Social media is good for secondary communication but it is people we are designed to relate to and enjoy.

So what is your status with those who care about you?  Do they know?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment