01 April 2012

Holy Week 2012 – Palm Sunday


Greetings Dear Reader,

I will take a break from my series on My Prayer List for My Children to observe Holy Week.  Today is Palm Sunday.  I always wonder what it must have been like.  I always wish to be there hailing Christ as he makes his entry into Jerusalem.  I want to be part of that moment but I do not want to pay the price for being part of that moment.

To be a part of that would make me a part of the rest of it.  I would have to be a part of the change.  I would have to run when he was arrested.  I would have to deny him.  I would have to betray him.  What happened had to happen for us to know redemption from out sin. 

I wonder often if any of the shepherds who were in Bethlehem for the birth were in Jerusalem for Passover when Christ was crucified.  Did they hear about it and remember?  I wonder about those healed and fed and their reaction to the death of Christ.  As we remember the triumphant entry into Jerusalem we must also remember that he rides to his death.  The week will unfold into blood and horror.  It will end well but for now we must walk through the steps.  We must remember that these things matter. 

The King rides into the city named the “teaching of peace” where he will be treated with violence.  He could destroy them all with a thought.  He could end it all and leave us to our destruction.  He instead will hold his peace and die for us; for me.  The journey of Holy Week begins with the peaceful arrival of the King of Peace to the City of Peace.  What a beautiful thing it is.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment