16 April 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Joy


Greetings Dear Reader,

Joy is something that is available to anyone.  I feel it when my eldest Grandson dashes across the room to greet me.  I feel it when I hug my Sons.  I feel it deeply when I get to be kind to someone else.

Joy is not the same thing as happiness.  It is something we can have in any situation because it is so closely tied to our attitude.  The connection for joy in our lives is not to be tied to our circumstance.  It is to be tied to our understanding of who we are in Christ.  It is tied to our thinking regarding following him. 

There will be suffering.  There will be pain.  It is the person who is guaranteed not the circumstance.  So often I have allowed the circumstance and not Christ to determine my joy.  I will still feel sorrow.  I will still experience pain and loss.  It is in Christ that my joy I found even as I journey through dark places.

So I pray that everyone find joy in their journey of following.  I do, however, caution that without following there is little chance of joy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16/4/12 23:27

    James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

    This text baffled me for sometime. For in the heat of a trial joy is the last thing i would consider. But later i can see how God is not finished with me yet and there is joy in knowing that He is still working on me. I like that the word Consider pre requisites the joy.

    ReplyDelete