13 April 2012

My Prayer List for My Children – Love of Christ


Greetings Dear Reader,

All love must be cultivated if it is to live.  A love of Christ is no different.  It is not an easy thing to follow him.  It is not hard because of Christ.  It is hard because of me.  If I constantly focused on my love for Christ then I would treat others well.  I would always be generous, kind, forgiving, and merciful.

I am to love Christ with all aspects of my being
Nothing about this aspect of the journey is unpleasant.  If what I do is motivated by my love for Christ then everything else becomes easier.  Things become harder when I do not do this.  It is not in my nature to be kind or selfless.  It is not a product of my upbringing to be loving and generous.  When I forget to focus on my love for Christ I am not a good man.

The center of my following Christ must be my love for him.  Fear, manipulation, guilt, and obligation are all things that others use to motivate people into following.  None of these things last.  Following out of love for Christ is not just a pure motive but it sustains the follower.  Every other reason can tax and be unfulfilling. 

Love is the core of God’s calling us.  It is what will keep us if we guard hearts from forgetting that this is the focus of our relationship with him.  When I remember how much God loves me it is an easy thing to show that same love to others.  I pray that I constantly remember how much God loves me so that I will feel free to focus on honing my love for him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

No comments:

Post a Comment