15 April 2012


My Prayer List for My Children – Yieldedness

Greetings Dear Reader,

I can be very stubborn.  I see this same trait in my children.  This has served me for both good and ill.  In the times when I have been stubborn for the wrong things it is a result not being yielded to Christ. 

Absolute yieldedness means that when I know what is right I submit to it no matter how I feel.  It means that I do not put my wants over God’s will.  It means that there is nothing that precedes the command to love God with all my heart, soul, and mind and to love my neighbors. 

When I gave my life to Christ I yielded my will and wants to him.  I have no right to them any longer.  Too often I allow what I want to cloud this truth.  Christ leads and I must follow.  He will guide if I will yield.  Everything else is window dressing and footnotes. 

I pray that I and my children will remember this.  I pray that we yield to Christ; not the doctrine or machinations of men, but to Christ alone.  In this can be found true following.  If we yield then all else will unfold in the journey of following.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store”

No comments:

Post a Comment