24 April 2012

No Compromise – Faith


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I complete my thoughts on compromise it seems that it always comes back to this.  The choice not to compromise requires faith.  Everything about following requires faith.  The motivation of the journey comes from faith. 

Faith cannot be dormant.  Faith cannot survive if it goes unused.  It is what sutures the tears in our heart so that we can keep following.  It is what God requires to find truth.  I rarely hammer on what the Bible says but in this it seems that it is has been said better there than I can say it.  “Apart from faith we are powerless to be pleasing to God.” (Hebrews 11:16, ATT)

When we begin to doubt the truths about who God is and what he desires from us it is faith we must embrace.  If that faith is not active it is easy to let honest questioning turn into a cancer that erodes our strength to follow.  Life crisis become excuses to blame God or denounce him.  My greatest failures are attached directly to my points of lowest faith in God and his ability to care for me.

I must also act on that faith.  I must realize that without action my faith is dead and seems foolish to others.  It is an exercise in futility to think that I can move through life without faith.  Faith atrophies so quickly when I do not exercise it.  When I begin to compromise my faith for any reason I am choose to weaken that which protects me on the journey.  Faith is a shield.  How can I hope to be protected from the pains and disappointments of life without faith?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment