23 April 2012

No Compromise – Redemption



Greetings Dear Reader,

I need redemption.  I have and do sin.  I started out fallen and realized a long time ago that I could not get out of the mess without help.  This is the common condition of man.  I am not alone in this but that does not lessen my weight of guilt.

If I do not accept this then I cannot hope for truth in anything else in my reasoning.  As with so many things, until I realize my need it cannot truly be met.  Someone I love dearly has mentioned that he has so much difficulty forgiving himself for things.  I do not think that we can accomplish this until we recognize how deeply and daily we need God’s forgiveness.

It is easy to avoid this need and live a life that does not recognize the process necessary for a fulfillment.  It is so easy to forget the basics of faith and following.  Once I forget that redemption is a process and the necessary journey for my life I can be arrogant and unloving.  I can indulge my own selfish interests and neglect the needs of others.  These things are always hollow pursuits and eventually I remember that I need to get back to the journey toward redemption in following Christ.

Whenever I compromise my faith for my own desires I hinder this process for me and for others.  When I do not follow I harm the following of others.  I hinder the ability of others to see Christ working out redemption in me and this may hinder their realization of how deeply they need the same.

To compromise the truth that I need redemption from my sin is to reject that I must follow.  To fail in following hurts me. It hurts those I love.  It even hurts those I do not know.  To forget for a moment that this is my responsibility is to risk that I will damage the ability of others to see it.  This will truly compromise the potential for joy and success in my journey.

My Children and my Grandchildren are motivation enough for me to work at this moment by moment if necessary.  I have lost so much and so have they because of times when I lost sight of this.  I despair that I can redeem this but I know Christ can. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment