17 May 2012

As Summer Descends


Greetings Dear Reader,

The nights are still cool and the days are warm but not hot.  My strawberries are green and the flocks are in bloom.  Games for the local semi-pro baseball team start in two weeks.  I find myself longing for the time when summer was a time when I could spend swimming and being with my children.

Someday I will have that again but for now I teach.  I will enjoy the cool whilst it lasts.  I will watch the strawberries ripen and redden.  Mostly I will drink in the summer more deeply and revel in its beauty.  The spring has energized me even though I am battling allergies and the ever present pollen.  I even have a yearning to go fishing.

I am sure that it is not just wistfulness for the passing of youth.  It seems I have turned a corner in my journey out of the pain and loneliness that has besieged me for the past few years.  Like the spring flowers I am opening up to things that I have shut away for some mysterious reason.

In following Christ I know that I have many things to learn and inner demons to conquer.  I worry about things that I cannot control but have chosen to give up controlling things and simply follow.  Whatever is emerging it feels good.  I pray that I follow well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment