09 May 2012

A Compass


Greetings Dear Reader,

So often I deal with difficulties by avoiding them or ignoring them.  This never works.  I have been working at living with more reality and less pretense.  As I have mapped my way to an understanding of how and when I avoid truth for false reality it has come to this simple thing.  I need be honest about where I am in different areas of my life.  I need to face how I feel and think.  I then need to measure those things against where God says I am versus where I need to be in those areas.

As I said yesterday, whenever I disagree with God, I am wrong.  Although this reflection is brief, it is clear in its simplicity.  The question I must ask in these situations:  When are you going to agree with God about where you are?

If I can face this honestly with filtering it through the things I want or the things I avoid I can increase my ability to follow Christ more closely.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment: