07 June 2012

Marginalizing God – Spiritual Spheres


Greetings Dear Reader,

There are so many things I must accept by faith.  I am OK with that.  I like faith.  There are also times when I doubt.  I am OK with that too.  I think that doubt is a sign that I am using my faith.  Doubt is evidence that there is faith. 

If I do not exercise my faith it, like a muscle, atrophies.  Doubt is a call to exercise faith and improve its veracity.  The danger is when I let doubt become more than that.  It is when I do not honestly look to improve the strength of my faith.  It is my obligation to honestly confront doubt and prevent it from blooming into unbelief.

I can only do this by seeking Christ more deliberately.  Faith is not passive.  It is a pursuit.  It is constantly seeking to know God at a deeper level.  If I am not constantly seeking to deepen my faith then I am at risk of marginalizing God through unbelief. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment