11 June 2012

Marginalizing God – Thinking


Greetings Dear Reader,

Perhaps the place where I marginalize God the easiest is in my thoughts.  Since no one but God and I see them it is easy to compartmentalize things I wish to withhold from obedience.  The problem is that God knows this and refuses to be compartmentalized.  We become what we think.

If I allow my thinking to put God second in anything then I am in danger of putting him second everywhere.  If I capture each thought and deal with it as if is an area where I wish to please God then I can better avoid marginalizing him in any way.

The only hope I have in following Christ as closely as possible is to sit vigilant over every thought.  Thoughts become will.  Will becomes action.  How I begin in my mind is how I act in my life.  My must follow in my thoughts if I hope to follow in my actions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment