24 June 2012

Ten Commandments - Mercy



Greetings Dear Reader,

While it is true that consequences will follow from parent to child, then what quality will mercy provide from the one who created and controls all things?

My thoughts on this are brief on this but they impact me deeply.

“But I show mercy to thousands of generations of those who love me and obey my commandments.” (GW)

The word mercy seems to be such a small word for such a great thing.  I ponder what the God in the previous verse would be like without the depth of this small great word.  Without mercy there would be no room for hope.

Those standing at the mountain that day had just witnessed the destruction of those worshiping an idol.  They have seen the destruction of an army at the Red Sea. 

Imagine these words and the impact in their ears.

“And I work to show goodness, kindness, and faithfulness to thousands of generations of those who love me like family and observe my code of wisdom.” (ATT)

I so desperately need this God.  The balance is in loving him and following his wisdom.  Notice that again this sounds so simple but in the day to day it becomes so complex.  The only way I have found that works is to do it moment by moment so that obedient loving moments turn into days.  The only thing that works is following and seeing the example of Christ as my guide.  In this is my only hope for this great thing that is mercy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store. "

No comments:

Post a Comment